Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sin Consciousness Can Hinder Our Walk With The Lord


I remember when I first got saved many years ago. I was so excited about my newly found faith that I wanted to do everything right but that did not happen and when I messed up, I would stop walking with the Lord but one day He called me by my name and said to me; Lizzie do not stop walking. Incidentally, when the Lord speaks your name, it is the sweetest sound you will ever hear. No one can say it the way He can because His words are totally filled with love.

I was a new Christian and I was not aware of sin consciousness but since then I have learned that it can hinder our walk with the Lord because our focus will be on what we have done instead of what He has done for us.

Jesus has paid the price for all of our sins, just a few days ago I was driving up town and I had a thought that I have never had before; it was Jesus died for everyday of my life. He died so I could awaken in the morning. He died so I could be delivered from everything that would come against me for the rest of my life and that includes sin. Therefore, we should not be sin conscious because He died for it.

Peter was very conscious of his sins because in John 5:4-8 it read when He (Jesus) had stopped speaking, He said to Simon, launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch but Simon answered and said to Him, Master we have toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless, at your word I will let down the net and when they had done this, they caught a great number of fish and their net was breaking. So the signal to their partners in the other boat to come and help them and they came and filled both the boats so that they began to sink. When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus knees, saying, depart from me for I am a sinful man, O Lord. Peter did not realize that he was before the one that had just made his living; with that catch he could pay all of his bills, feed his family and probably have money left over for other things but instead he was conscious of his sins and he said that he was sinful. Of course he was astonished at the catch of fish but he was more conscious of his sins.

Peter being aware of his sins did not want anything to do with Jesus at that point but we cannot frown at him because we are the same way when we are conscious of our sins. We would draw away from Jesus but He would encourage us to draw near to Him because He has taken away all of our sins and none of it is recorded in heaven against us.

We miss the blessing of God when we are conscious of our sins but it is not about what we have done; it is all about what Jesus have done for us. He became sin for us so we could be righteous.

God has justified us by the blood of Jesus but Satan will attempt to bring a charge against us by reminding us of what we did. His purpose for doing that is to get us to draw back from the Lord but Romans 8: 33-34 read who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercessions for us.

As long as we are conscious of our sins, we will never be completely at peace; it would nag at us to make us feel like God is not for us and if He is not for us then He will not help us but this is true. He loves us unconditionally and He remembers our sins no more because the blood of Jesus has cleansed us of all unrighteousness.

If you have come up like I have; you have been taught sin consciousness but the day came when I realized that I am the righteousness of God by Christ Jesus and He has not imputed sin unto me. When I realized that it was like a weight had been lifted off of me and it was lifted because my consciousness of sin had been removed.

Man consist of three parts the spirit, soul and the body. When we became born again only the spirit was born again. The soul and body was not changed so sin still resides in it and that is why we are suppose to renew our mind by conforming it to the word of God however, the spirit of man became a new creation when we were born again and it cannot sin. Our spirit is new and the spirit of God dwells in our spirit. He cannot dwell in an unclean temple so our spirit must be perfect.

We are spiritual beings housed in a fleshly body but God does not look at our flesh, He sees the spirit, which is perfect in His sight but if we are sin conscious as a result of our actions or thoughts then we would draw away from Him which means; we are being lead by the flesh and not by the spirit.

The conclusion is this, receive the word of God for what It said then you will be able to live your life free from sin consciousness.

How Can We Walk on Water?   Abraham's Thoughts While Preparing to Sacrifice Isaac   Hail the Designers   Finding and Building Upon Our Sense-Of-Self   Love Is an Act of the Will, Not a Burst of Emotions   Corrie ten Boom - The Roots of the Jerusalem Prayer Team   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。